Diving Between October's Covers

I know, I know...this blog has become all books lately. Please bear with me. I haven't been in the mindset to write or share too much of anything. I promise to sit down and fight through it soon. 

Good news - I can actually say I completed my summer reading list with the exception of You. I am too obsessed with the series on Lifetime to even attempt to open the book at this point. I have been ruined! However, Penn Badgley plays a creep way too well.

How To Keep A Secret by Sarah Morgan
Someone knew exactly what I needed as I settled into my 36th chapter. This gem resonated deep: I'm tired of battling. Where does it say that life has to be a battle? I want a more peaceful existence, and I want my life to be full of things I want, not the things I'm keeping out of obligation to others or some ridiculous sense of responsibility. 

Second Time Sweeter by Beverly Jenkins
These Blessings novels get me every time. They always leave me feeling good inside and have me revisiting some of my own character flaws. This is needed for growth. Patience and willingness to forgive remains on the top of my list. 

Influence by Carl Weber
Mr. Weber knows how to suck me in quickly. We already know I cannot get enough of the Duncan family in the Family Business series. And now he has introduced me to the Hudson clan. I sure as hell hope there will be a sequel. And SOON! 

The Wife Between Us  by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen
Now this book definitely took me on a wild ride. I cannot even discuss it without giving too much away. But WARNING, the symptoms of arousal and fear can be muddled in the mind.  Tread cautiously my friends! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top