Diving Between May's Covers

Imagine hopping on your blog to write about June's reads and you notice you NEVER wrote about May's. Yup. That's exactly where we are right now, so bear with me please. We def have some books to discuss. 

Black Girls Must Die Exhausted: And Baby Makes Two by Jayne Allen
Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Still here. 
Still exhausted. 🧐⁠
Still black. 🖤
Still don't touch my hair. 🙆🏽‍♀️⁠
Still intrigued with Tabitha's story and anticipating her new chapter as a mother in the next release. 

Seduced by a Steele & Claimed by a Steele by Brenda Jackson 
Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Am I the only one who sometimes lets series stack up so I can read them in succession?! Especially 
if there are only a few months between releases.
Mercury and Gannon are the final Steele brothers to get their happily ever after. Claim me, seduce me. Whatever you decide to do, please note Brenda Jackson knows how to get my attention. ⁠

And who can resist a man smelling good in a well tailored suit?! 😍⁠

Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
This was the 3rd release in Lauren Layne's Central Park Pact series. Since I had immediately fell in love with Audrey and Clarke's friendship over the last 2 books, I was ready to see where we were headed. I always had an inkling they would end up together. They were just so in tune with each others needs. 

Although I am sad to say goodbye to this group of friends, I am content with how everything transpired over time. 

AND let's not forget the latte techniques I learned along the way. 

Postscript by Cecilia Ahern
Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
If I had to name a favorite movie, I am certain P.S. I Love You is in the running. I watch whenever I know it is on. I also cry as if I don't know how the story ends. 


Imagine my face when I found out a sequel was being filmed AND the book was already out. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Where was Holly now? Had she moved on from Gerry? Does she still read his letters for comfort? 

If this is how Holly's story ends, I am satisfied. 

Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
If I only had one word to describe this book, I would use triggering. The things women encounter on a daily basis is infuriating. Always having to go the extra mile just to prove you belong. And let's not forget the smiles that are expected to remain on our faces. 

Watching Liya hurdle her roadblocks was empowering. 

And flirty banter with a man never hurt anybody! 😜⁠


Have you managed to read anything good lately?! Drop your book recommendations in the comments! 


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top