Digging Out

Please tell me how it is the end of January. I guess time flies when you are battling a cold for 25 days and counting...

Between working and attempting to get better, I am fixated with Pricey's birthday which is NEXT WEEK. I cannot believe he will be 5. Furthermore, I cannot believe we are still opening Christmas gifts every week along with sending some to his mom's house. 

Someone loves his DVD player, TMNT headphones, and pajama days at school! 
Costumes are always a hit! 
I climbed out of my bed long enough to go to a surprise 70th birthday party with my parents. Good times!


Oh yes - and did I mention we now have pets?! 
Please meet our Beta fish - pizza, chicken nuggets, and french fries
Santa even bought Pricey a dog - his name is Singletary
This weekend I planned on running a million errands and prepping for the birthday party next week, but you know God has a way of making you be still when you are pushing yourself. The forecast called for a blizzard, which would start shortly after I came home on Friday. You know what that meant...I picked up pizzas on my way in from work and hunkered down.

Just waiting on the storm. And yes, I am wearing my brother's flannel. I always wear his shirts in the rain or snow -  I tend to shop for him with the thought in the back of my head that I will one day borrow it. I have decided my future husband should also want to share his shirts with me. 

Ahhh yes...we got clobbered and Price could not wait to get out and play in it. So of course I bundled up to play with the kiddo while the guys dug us out. 
When the paramedics came across the street, this cutie went to get his fire engine as well. 
Should we even discuss how a private ambulance responded initially and got stuck for over 4 hours and they did NOT answer the door?! Our neighbors ended up offering them shovels, salt, and a snow blower to assist in another one of their trucks pulling them out!!! That's the thing about our neighborhood - if you do not know how to navigate our streets, you will end up stuck! 

So how did we manage our time stuck in the house with a 4 year old?! We crafted his favor bags for his party; cooked; made home made white hot chocolate; and then we partied Saturday night - and by partied I let him break the rules and have donuts & orange juice in my room while we watched an Alvin & the Chipmunks DVD; put together a Thomas the Train puzzle; played 2 games - Dr. Seuss matching & Dino Meal. In the words of Pricey, "Let's get this party started. Where's our party music?!" Believe it or not - he didn't go to bed until after midnight. 

It sure was nice having him around for an extra night. BUT of course on Sunday, I woke up feeling awful again. I think it was because I was playing in the snow. Who knows...this is the never ending virus. Luckily for me, I was able to work from home today in my onesie...from my bed. And I got SO MUCH done. Summer content which has had me stumped for 3 weeks now, just seemed to flow while I was in the comfort of my home with no interruptions. I suppose I am ready to enter the real world again tomorrow.

How did you make out in Winter Storm Jonas?








CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top