Oh Snap!

Move aside Instagram, Snapchat has come to monopolize the social media world. When it first became popular, I refused to join. My thoughts were, this is something all the kids are doing. My multiple platforms were enough for me and I was content. I thought Snapchat would simply be a phase.

Yet it did not go away. AND my friends began to join. So I started thinking...as a social media coordinator, it is my job to remain familiar with EVERY platform available. This may not be appropriate for my current clients, but as I continue to grow and market myself for new opportunities, I need to know how to work these things. And well.

One day at work, I created an account (thanks Chris for helping me get started) and forced Drea to do it with me - after all, since she is a pr maverick, she NEEDS to know too. I also contacted Jeannette - I needed her antics on my feed as I scrolled.

With everybody on board, I began to play with snapping. And by playing, this means I was taking videos & pictures and sending them to my friends as messages. I had to learn how to apply filters and adjust timing of stories. Collin, Price, and Gabi were instrumental in me learning the ins and outs. Yes, I learned from a 5, 11, and 29 year old.

I was too shy to post a public story even though it would disappear in 24 hours. I figured my perfect snaps would begin in Costa Rica. But guess who never snapped from there?! Nevertheless, I am officially on board. Add me: Holly_sWorld - can you guess my favorite filter?!

 

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. All late but yup totally addicted now....THANKS LOLOLOLOL - Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top