Lemon Crumb Pie

I love finding new recipes and trying them - my mom on the other hand believes you should sample a new recipe first before sharing it with guests.

Since the summer is approaching quickly, I decided to start sampling new recipes for dessert, so we can have more of a variety. My grandfather gave me the cutest pie dish, which made my decision easier - first up, the lemon crumb pie. My mom loves lemon pie - so I hope this will be a hit.

Here is the recipe if you want to try it.

Crumb topping:
3/4 cup of flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp butter
Make into crumbs and set aside.

Pie filling:
Juice of 2 lemons
 1 1/4 cup of sugar
3 tbsp cornstarch
3 well beaten egg yolks
3 egg whites
1 1/4 cup of boiling water

Directions:
1. Mix juice, water, cornstarch, sugar, and beaten egg yolks.
2. Stir until well blended and cook over medium heat until thick.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff.
4. Fold the lemon mixture into the egg whites.
5. Pour into well-greased 9-inch pie shell. (I greased my pie dish and went without a crust)
6. Top with crumbs and bake until golden.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until the top is golden (about 45 minutes).
*I chilled mine and then served it cold once it cooled down.*

I would definitely cut back on the sugar for this recipe - it is good, but a tad bit too sweet for my liking.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top