It's a New Day!

I decided I was bored with my hair - couldn't decide if I wanted to cut it since I have been growing it out for so long (even though it has yet to reach my desired length) or experiment with a new color - a lighter shade of brown or something rich & chocolate. I debated for weeks and finally I made an appointment with Lisa still not 100% sure of what I would do in regards to color, but I ruled a big chop out since I am currently loving the versatility of ponytails and buns on bad hair days.

I had 4 pictures for my color inspiration with the last 2 being my personal favorites. I know, I know - they all vary greatly with no happy medium.


Let the process begin - it took over 3 hours to get my hair to take - the roots took right away, but my ends were resistant - they would not cooperate! I had to get my hair bleached (which I have avoided for at least a year) and it still would not match my roots. After a double process, I still had to get a rinse on my ends to get a well balanced/blended color - and here is the final product.


The funny thing is my hair is the shade my mom has always wanted and I think I could go with her brown. Is there any way we can swap hair colors? LOL!

Now I have 6 weeks to decide if I want it darker or lighter...I think I want to get rid of the red hue and make it darker. However, Lisa told me if I dye my hair dark again myself, she won't do it and I just need to come to her and let her know the round about color I want. Lesson learned. No more at home dye jobs. 

In the mean time, I have to do deep conditioning treatments and make sure my hair remains hydrated to prevent any breakage from the double process - I also should not pull it up or back for awhile. Let's see if I am loving it after the next 2 washes - I am sure it will tone down by then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top