Outdoor Summer Soiree?!

Yes, PLEASE! I have always wanted a reason to have an outdoor soiree in the summer. Being a fall baby, all of my parties are indoors. I was so excited to plan my blogiversary because this was the first opportunity presented. I had the perfect vision - long tables centered in the yard, adorned with tablecloths, mason jars filled with flowers down the center length with wireless LED lights twinkling between the jars. And lanterns in the trees. Sounds dreamy, right?!

Well, mother nature had different plans. With a forecast of scattered thunderstorms, high humidity, and temps in the mid-90s, I pulled my party inside a few days prior. I was bummed, but hey - the party must go on. Invitations were out, I now had to figure out another vision that would satisfy me aesthetically. AND quick.

I did not do away with the flowers or wireless LED lights - they just adorned our dining room window sill and became the focal point in there.

  

Now these latex balloons were a last minute decision thanks to Pinterest. I figured some confetti filled balloons would look nice on either side of the metallic 5. However, the balloons had a mind of their own and traveled to the highest point of our ceiling...the point that separates the living room & dining room. I must say I liked this look even more than my original idea. Thanks Bogs for picking them up for me. 

     
Here's to 5 years 
I was concerned with activities even though the party was only scheduled for 2 hours. Rae bought Cards Against Humanity, however, we were engrossed in girl talk and never cracked open the game.
I requested everybody write down either their favorite blog post or suggestions for future topics
The most important part of a party to my friends is food. Since I planned on having a few toasts, I knew I had to serve more than appetizers. The menu was something else I simply could not finalize until my mother & I went to the market to purchase the food.

Dinner is brewing - buffalo chicken dip, spinach dip (thanks Rach), turkey burger sliders & pulled chicken on hawaiian sweet rolls, pasta salad, and devilled eggs (thanks mom).


How Sweet It Is - dessert was a no brainer. We had key lime pie with fresh whipped cream (thanks Rae), carrot cake (thanks Mom Mom), mini vanilla cupcakes topped with confetti, and stiletto & coffee cup shaped sugar cookies. 

 


Sip on this - I found out one of my girlfriends was pregnant, so I decided to no longer make a spiked specialty drink. Rae made a simple punch (pink lemonade & berry concentrate topped with gingerale and fresh fruit) and we placed the Tito's vodka on the side. Guests could then add as much vodka as they saw fit. Of course, there was also water and Starbucks bottled frappuccinos (white chocolate, caramel, and vanilla)...


and my favorite - champagne! Yum! 

 

With everything set up thanks to Bogs, Andriece, and Rae, I was now ready to relax, take some selfies, and wait for my other guests to arrive. 

 

The party was officially in full swing...


And as Drea took this picture, I whispered to her and asked was she ready to make her toast. Because YES, I passed the ball and asked her to do it. She never ceases to amaze me and gave a great toast. So Drea, thank you for allowing me to put you on the spot.


Once she was done, we snuck away and had a little photo shoot...

 



I sent my guests home with thank you gifts to show my appreciation for them supporting my blog and coming out on a work night to celebrate with me. Everybody was welcomed to Zoya nail polish, the flowers in mason jars, frappuccinos, and sugar cookies.


Did you know you get gifts and cards for blogiversary parties?! I had no idea, but I am thankful for all the kind words and thoughts. 

              

Ahhhh...the party was over, and there was a bottle of champagne that needed to be finished AND more pictures to be taken. I am pretty sure I got on Collin's nerves, but he obliged me and snapped away.

 

 

Can you tell how much I loved the floral arrangements?! 
Did you notice all of the signage along with the heart shaped thank you tags on nail polish bottles?! And let's not forget the invitations that made me squeal. Thank you Hannah for pulling all of my ideas together, understanding my vision better than myself, and providing me with the finishing touches.

And last but not least, thanks mom & dad for allowing me to host my party at your home.

I awakened the next morning to this cute pic of Rach's angels eating stiletto cookies for breakfast - they are girls after my own heart.

So there you have it - this is five. We celebrated Stilettos with my Latte's 5 year blogiversary with the core things represented here - friends, food, dessert, coffee, laughs, and sparkle. Lots and lots of pink sparkle. I was content.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top