Is that All Right?!

This has been a nostalgic summer capped off with Love Jones The Musical.


I did not expect a reenactment of the iconic movie, however, when I saw the cast, I immediately prepared for a night of stellar musical performances. 

Let's see we had Chrisette Michelle, Musiq Soulchild (it was his bday yall and Chrisette seranded him after the show), Raheem DeVaughn, Dave Hollister, Marsha Ambrosius (she was GLOWING in her red dress), AND Tevin Campbell came out and sang Can We Talk. Other throw back songs included Before I Let You Go and Open My Heart. I LOVE these songs. I was enthralled the entire time, excitedly talking to my mom. 

I am now craving 90s throwback music and I know Amber is my girl. So Amber, for our road trip next month - may you please create a playlist for us to hit the road?! 

And while we were at the play, the kid celebrated completion of his first week of kindergarten and his return to swim class by going to the Phillies game. 
Needless to say, a great night was had by all. I even had one of my biggest dreams come true in the early morning hours. The next day I was running on fumes, BUT the exhaustion was well worth it.

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Uber jealous that you got to see it, but I don't have much longer to wait they are coming to LA the first weekend in November!!! AHHHH. I am so ready for ALL the feels!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top