Get Em' Early!

I love when my friends are always up to Sip & Savor with me while we catch up. Amber always lets me pick where we go - isn't she a doll?! She says, she knows I have a list in my phone, so we might as well explore.

First stop, was Sweet Nectar.



I had to try out this red velvet cupcake made from beets instead of food coloring. It was tasty, but I prefer Brown Betty's.
                                 
Amber went for the chocolate, which she says almost gave her an orgasm. My response: THAT 
GOOD?! 

I don't know why I chanced going downtown on a Saturday, but Bud & Marilyn's has been on my list for awhile. It must have been our lucky day...we found a spot right out front. 



We started off with a grapefruit mimosa (nom) and planter's punch (what a kick!). 



Let's discuss this warm pecan cinnamon roll. I am not a fan of pecans on my cinnamon roll. HOWEVER, this is the BEST cinnamon roll I have ever had in life. And yes, I just said cinnamon roll 3 times in 3 consecutive sentences. SUE ME! It comes out in a small cast iron pan and is sitting in bourbon caramel. Do I even need to say anymore?! I understand why they say get em' early! 


We shared the Marilyn's Fried Chicken Bucket and ordered biscuits on the side. 


I was one satisfied customer leaving Bud & Marilyn's - one thing is for sure...I will be back!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top