10, 9, 8, 7...

6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...HAPPY NEW YEAR. Wait?! It's April, no?! But it's time to revisit one of the best nights of the year so far...New Year's Eve.

Now if you know me, you know I do NOT leave the house on NYE. I am typically in an onesie, finishing off my vision board, watching church online, and simply relaxing struggling to get over a cold.

BUT there was no way I would miss this wedding...so I grabbed my better half, Alicia,  and we threw on pretty dresses to watch Rae & Kev get married by Elvis. Yes, you read that correctly...Elvis officiated their wedding ceremony!

I caught up with Rae to discuss a few elements of her wedding. Check it out below:

Me: Do you have any advice for brides to be?
Rae: Do NOT stress. No one will notice if something not planned happens. Kev & I made a pact to not get upset if anything went wrong and that immediately relieved the pressure of making everything perfect. 
Me: What was your favorite moment of the day? 
Rae: Is it ok if I have two?! After the ceremony, our bridal party had a private cocktail hour in the bridal suite. It was so nice to be with our close family & friends before the reception began. And of course, I loved the countdown to midnight. 
Me: Is there anything you would have did differently? 
Rae: I would have given a list to the photographer of key moments I wanted them to capture. As I reviewed our pictures, the one thing missing is a picture of my grandmother & I. Although it's an ingrained memory, I really wish it was captured in print. This was a definite frameable moment for me. 

After months of planning, writing, and DYI crafting, it was finally time for them to say I do.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pic 

Waiting on my date


We could not find our place card - lol 

First look


It's all in the details - these are some of my favorite things Rae incorporated to personalize their wedding day. I didn't feel like I was just at a wedding - there was a ton of personality captured throughout the entire Northampton Valley Country Club. 

 

 
Each table had a New Year's Resolution. This was our table's - it was so fun coming up with these at work! 

 

Guess who said this?! 
Time to get this party started - Rae & Kev were finally married and it was time for the drinks to begin flowing as we partied into the new year. We were all more than ready to embrace 2017 and all the new opportunities it has to offer.





I'm pretty sure Beyonce was playing at this point by the look on Matt's face

My date sure knows how to have a good time! 
                                        
Is it over already?! 

With all the partying going on around them, these 2 lovebirds still managed to steal a few moments for themselves. Simply perfection. 
                          
                          

Rae & Kev are one of my favorite couples and I am so excited to see what's in store for them. I love how they love each other. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top