Wild One

Dear Blake, 

You are new to this birthday behavior, but I feel you should be warned. Your brother and I...we believe in doing it BIG. Our birthdays are experiences...all about us, our wishes, and fulfilling our desires. I am pretty sure you will catch on pretty quickly.

I guess I should rewind a bit & apologize. We will more than likely never celebrate your birthday without Christmas lurking in the background. BUT we promise to still make you feel special by pausing our hollyday fun and incorporating your birthday behavior. 
Now there are some things EVERY girl needs for her birthday. It is my job as your auntie to deliver. There will always be a birthday outfit, sparkle, cake...AND PINK. Please do not break my heart & decide you do not love pink & glitter as much as I do.
In order to fully break you in, I decided we had to have a photo shoot. Price & I always have so much fun with cupcakes, balloons, and music. Music is our thing. And it seems you love it too. I got the biggest smiles when That's What I Like started over...something about that intro gets you moving and you never mind it being on repeat.
You know what else happens during your birthday month...we get to break rules...you know...by jumping on couches...
OR sitting on dining room tables...just don't let Pops catch you - but Price may be able to help you tap dance out of that one or just smile at him and say OOPS. 
But you see B, there is also this thing about rules. Some rules are meant to be broken and sometimes we have to create our own paths...make our own decisions...never willing to compromise our self worth or integrity...
My wish for you in this crazy world is that you never become tamed in accordance with society's standards. Always remain soft with a hard edge...you know similar to wearing tulle and a leather jacketNEVER dull your sparkle. If you want to - jump on a couch or eat dessert first. And always treat yourself because you deserve it all. 
Little wild one, HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY.

Love, Auntie


CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Holly I love this post! Everything about it. The words, the photos, (I can see Collin and Price in the last one), the heart felt sentiment and the teaching to celebrate her day, her way and all the way! You truly are doing a fantastic job as Auntie!!! Again, I must add this is your business plan being presented to you. 💞💞

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top