The Brown Davis Merger

Norrina is officially off the market as she wed Aamir. 

It all happened exactly a month ago - an intimate affair lit by a romantic glow surrounding the couple with love as we witnessed the Brown Davis Merger. 

But let's rewind a bit with the night before - this event was kicked off with ice skating at Dilworth Park (No skating for me because you know...I didn't want any injuries. However, if you have never experienced the holidays in the city - add it to your list for next year. Everything is simply magical.) followed by cocktails, games, and food at The Ritz Carlton.

Besides the obvious (celebrating a union of love), one of the best parts of a wedding is catching up with old friends. People you may not see or talk to all the time, BUT when you get together it is like you never missed a beat. Our Central bonds run deep! We always make it a point to show up for each other. It was a great evening filled with a ton of laughs as we excitedly awaited the big day. 
I awakened and it was finally December 17. This was NOT your typical Sunday. I did lay in bed while I drank my coffee, but instead of focusing on Hallmark movies I was reviewing the design instructions again to ensure I wasn't missing anything. 

If you know me, you know I was adamant everything would be executed flawlessly. One fond memory of the planning process is when I pulled up to her house to originally discuss decor and Major's This Is Why I Love You started playing. I immediately got chills through my body as it began to sink in. NORRINA WAS GETTING MARRIED and I couldn't help being ecstatic for her. She is so deserving of the love Aamir is giving to her. I was more than willing to play my part in her day. 

Now if you know Norrina, then you know she fully enbodies both style and grace. As I was looking for parking to prep for the wedding, I caught a glimpse of her taking pictures. I banged a hard left because I wanted my first look to be of her walking down the aisle. I KNEW it would be breathtaking and I could not wait to see her vision come to life. 

Oh the details...let's start with the location: The Olde Bar. They took over Bookbinder's and the character of the restaurant remained in tact, which I love. 

Upon entering the first thing I noticed (but did not get a picture of) were the stacks of books strategically placed in the cocktail area. I had to contain my squeals because there was work to be done. 
Now Lauren and her assistant from Bloomsbury Floral Design were heaven sent. Outside of doing all the arrangements for the venue, they then helped set up the rest of the decor. 
As we got closer to starting time, Lauren insisted I go change my clothes and she would light all the candles. She assured me everything would be ready for one more final check, as soon as I slipped into my dress
Only pic I took of myself before I ran out the bridal suite
Tacuma and I waiting for the ceremony to begin
Alexis reading a poem as the bride stands with her father, Mr. Norm
Now Pastor Mike should officiate everything. He was hilarious ESPECIALLY when he told Mr. Norm his service was now done and he was giving Norrina to Aamir. A father's work is NEVER done. 
Mr. & Mrs. Davis
STUNNING
Me and Jeannette snapping a selfie in between running from bridal suite for cake & dessert plates
Black, brass, wild, colorful florals, and candlelight- YES PLEASE


As you can see, I didn't manage to snap too many pics of the day and resorted to screenshots. BUT here are some better moments captured. 

Between the decor, food, convo, and playlist, I could go on talking about this wedding forever...instead I will share 3 of my favorite moments from the day (how am I supposed to choose): 

1. The women surrounding Norrina on the dance floor as Stevie Wonder seranaded us through the speakers with As, until we dream of life and life becomes dream...Norrina said she felt like she was a part of a sorority that she knew she wasn't in.  
2. Aamir's nephew on the dance floor ALL night. His father, Rodney, went to Central with us too - I laughed and was like I cannot believe you have a kid with so much spunk. You were so quiet in school. 
3. Towards the end of the night, the dance floor had cleared out and Method Man's All I Need was playing - the bride & groom were able to share a moment on the floor with Norie rapping to Aamir. 

This was definitely a night to remember and I am sure we will be talking about it for years to come. 

In the meantime, I cannot wait to witness all the capital gain (love, happiness, friendship, etc.) produced from the Brown Davis Merger. Congratulations Norrina & Aamir! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top