Just Finished - Body By Night by Zuri Day - OK Read

I do not know why I do it to myself - I could not fall asleep around 11pm last night, so I grab a book (I figured I had drowned myself in enough tv over the past few days) - and as always, guess who couldn't go to bed until they finished it around 3:30am *raises hand*


Body by Night was a really quick read - entertained me, but I didn't have to read it.

Nowadays so many people have issues with loving themselves - they focus so much time and energy on helping others, they begin to neglect the most important person - THEM. This to me is a form of avoidance - you should always take time out for yourself and just love you! If you are always so busy, then you continue to just sweep your issues under the rug and not deal with it.

And when things get tough, many people become emotional eaters - of course this inadvertently effects one's weight and health. I have never been an emotional eater - but as of late, when I become frustrated, all of a sudden I get a "sweet tooth" - these are the times I avoid the kitchen, and hit the treadmill or Valley Green for a run/walk. I cannot succumb to this illness I have seen many people fall victim to.


Body by Night didn't focus on a diet/ work out plan - it focused more on D'Andria converting to a healthy lifestyle which included better eating choices and exercising becoming a routine. This is something I am currently working on as well, so I could relate. It is hard, but I do feel better and have more energy as a result. It is always good to have a partner and close friends/family motivating your progress - my biggest issue are those "empty calories" (liquor, sweets, candy) - still a work in progress, but I am confident I will get it together.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top