Late, Rainy Nights of Reading Private Lessons & Love Me Tonight

This weather has been crazy lately - the rain just makes me want to curl up with a good book and that is exactly what I did 3 nights in a row.

My books of choice were Private Lessons by Donna Hill and Love Me Tonight by Gwynne Forster.





Nothing grinds my gears more than a book with spelling and grammar errors and this is the first thing I encountered while reading Private Lessons. They can pay me to be their editor, since apparently their one of choice isn't do a sufficient job!

Both of these books main female character were successful women - women who had defined their own success outside of a relationship with a man, and neither one of them realized something was missing in their lives until they met their match. The main difference between the two was how these women presented their accomplishments.

In Private Lessons, Naomi always encountered men who did not measure up to her standards or were intimidated by her - so she "reinvented" herself while she was on a trip and just decided to have fun with no pressure. She never shared her true profession or the fact she held a doctorate degree - yet she found herself in the presence of an educated man who she could have stimulating conversations with.

I must say a lot of my relationships have been like this - I have never dated a man who had a college degree and many of them could not hold a conversation in regards to politics or current events - yet they would want to gossip about their friends and the happenings on social networks - NO stimulation for me! AND these same men would label me as "bougie" - I never understood men who felt threatened by women who were well versed - and I finally realized a few years ago it was their insecurities coming through.

In Love Me Tonight, Judson met Heather in her element and was introduced by a mutual friend. Their mutual success was never belittled, yet her pursuit to become an ambassador of the states may have kept them a part. Once she let go and realized he was going to be there as a support system no matter what and even offered for the two of them to start their own law firm together, she acknowledged they would get through anything...together.

Love Me Tonight is a part of Gwynne Forster's Harrington series - I have read the first and now the last one, and of course I put in the order last night for the 2 books in middle -

If you are looking for a quick, easy read these 2 books will definitely do the trick.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top