Welcome Home!!!

Saturday night I was supposed to be sleeping, but found myself on twitter - I cannot explain the emotion I felt when a tweet from BBC Breaking News announced the last of the American troops were actually leaving Iraq. The one word that resonated in my mind was FINALLY. I was elated for the families who would be reunited for the upcoming holidays - felt a solemn moment for the lives lost (including a former Temple class mate, Jeff, who struggled through Wednesday night econ with me) - and then I felt a little hesitant of what this now means for both America and Iraq. This immediately led me to prayer. I now hope we (all countries involved) can all find a sense of peace and there is no need for retaliation in regards to this war.  


Regardless of all these factors, I salute those who are coming home - their dedication to serving their country does not go unnoticed. Nor the fact they risk their lives everyday in order to protect and serve. Job well done soldiers. Enjoy this down time with your families and friends. You definitely deserve it. 





CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top