No Pizza = No Christmas Eve

Every Christmas, there are some things that remain true - my grandmother bakes the coffee cakes, my mother bakes the cookies (please note I do help and I think shortly both of these duties will become solely mine), and without fail we have pizza for dinner on Christmas Eve - and more specifically from Giovanni's. Over the years the pizzeria has changed and sometimes my mom will get a cheesesteak, but I ALWAYS have pizza. 


Imagine my emotions when she announced she wanted to try something different this year and have a more formal dinner?! *falling out on the floor kicking and punching and screaming in revolt NOOOOOOOOOOO, I don't wanna because it's not going to be Christmas Eve without my pizza* - exactly what I wanted to do and as a matter of fact I DID do it in my head - but as an adult, I had to talk this out reasonably since she has been mentioning this for a few weeks (I have been pretending not to hear, but it is getting closer so I had to face it) and get some feedback from my facebook friends. YES, as I was discussing this with my mother, I made a facebook post and was reading her people's responses. 

My mom feels since we (me and my brother) are now older we can do away with the pizza, she is sick of it. *still pouting* and not sure what we will eat for Christmas dinner, but everybody let's hope we have some pepperonis over here AND a hoagie for my mom! 

Does your family have a meal they eat every Christmas Eve? If so, what is it? 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top