Lessons Learned

The other day I went to Delaware to keep Shana company while she cleaned her new house in preparation for her move. In my defense, I offered to help, but she preferred to do it herself so I wouldn't have to ask her a million times where she wanted everything - so if all she wanted was conversation, I can do that while I lay on the floor by her beautiful floor to ceiling windows enjoying the breeze sipping my water.

Dating came up - or should I say my lack thereof. (We all know Jeannette's stance on this - I need to get out of 713 more - I am working on that and plan to attend multiple networking/ happy hour events this summer starting TONIGHT!).

Shana questioned if I was being too picky/ selective or if my standards were too high. Personally, I do not think I am and then Norrina tweeted something perfect that sums everything up - It's about progression and moving forward. Reminding me of my past will end all conversation, present and future. It's not your fault, it's me...if I didn't learn what I didn't want from my previous journey, what was the point.

Now I know people will counter this means I am essentially making the present pay for my past - but I do not view it as such - there is no need for me to have a space filler until I find "the one" - there are books, family, friends, and travel for that. If I know ultimately my end goal is to be a wife and mother and if I discover early on your passion is drinking and smoking weed; you are a habitual liar; you don't follow through on your word; you use profanity excessively; you disrespect your mother; you have no goals or ambition; you embody no sense of responsibility nor loyalty - then there is no need for us to further any sort of relationship.

This is all about my personal progression and knowing what I can and cannot tolerate moving forward. No need to waste anyone's time, especially mine.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top