"Don't Stop What Ya Twerkin Wit..."

Oh excuse me, I still have lyrics in my head from last night from my random girls night. 

It started out nice and calm...

Sangrias with Jennifer J. 
Then Jeannette responded on my instagram she was in a hookah type mood - and I had never tried that before, so why not?! 30 before 30 is about trying new things - so I was open especially since I was already out. Norrina met us at Byblos and we indulged in peach flavored hookah and cocktails. A fun time with girl talk and lots of laughs. And surprisingly, hookah was not bad - it added a nice little buzz - Jeannette said I could at least get fake high for once. Norrina instructed me I was faking and doing it wrong and my smoke needed to be darker - ok, ok - let me retry. <proceeds with major cough attack>




Now this is where the "ratchetness" comes in - now you all know me - I don't hang out in clubs typically (unless it is someone's birthday), but friends were down the street at Industry XIX and we decided why not?! Let's keep the night moving (unHollylike behavior, huh)- it was CROWDED, but Jennifer H. and Diana had a table so we worked our way over there - at least there was breathing room - now the actions I observed, well I guess this was considered dancing, right?! Now don't get me wrong back when I was in college, I probably would have been right there in the midst of all the "fun", but now I would rather dance with my girls than dance with a random man in a provocative manner. 

The things these men were saying and doing - all I could do was smh - and then there was this one guy who was pissing me off because he kept turning my phone off attempting to get my attention - words of advice sir: if I was interested in talking to you, I would not have been worried about my phone so apparently I wasn't interested - this whole try not to be so mean and curse people out is really wearing on me - the old me definitely would have told him about his boldness in touching my property MULTIPLE times! And why is it that I barely knew any of the songs played?!?!

JH, Jeannette, and Norrina's back 

As we were leaving and walking to the car, Jeannette delivered my favorite line of the night - she says "You are so suburban (places her hand on my back). That's cute."

Well ladies, I had a fun time last night! Thanks for hanging and exposing me to some new things. Now back to my regularly scheduled programming of reading, blogging, cooking, watching tv, and playing with Price Aubrey as I recover. 

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Back
to top