September Reads

Surprisingly I only read 2 books this month which took my yearly total to 76. 

Started the month off finishing Wife 22 by Melanie Gideon. What an inciteful read - I highly recommend it to all my married friends who feel their marriage is in a rut. It reaffirmed my belief communication is key in any relationship - and it also made me question does the use of social media and the need to constantly stay connected with an immediate response ,due to smart phones and differing avenues, have a negative impact on relationships? I for one enjoy the variety of communication - although you cannot convey tone in a text, email , tweet, or Facebook message - it can be useful for some flirty banter or a quick hello.

Here are some quotes that stuck out to me in this book:

I'm not sure love comes easy, but I will say it is my default setting.

Waiting is a dying art. The world moves at a split-second speed now and I happen to think that's a great shame, as we seem to have lost the deeper pleasures of leaving and returning.

Pretty is what lies between beautiful and plain, and in my experience pretty is the best place to be. Beautiful makes evolving into any sort of a person with morals and character very difficult.

It's easy to reveal ourselves to strangers. Far harder to reveal those truths to those we know.

Her heart did whisper he had done it for her.


Adrianne Byrd's Comfort of a Man was a good, quick read. What I took away from this book: Pride is never your friend when it comes to love.




















CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top