9 Days to 30 - Broken & Unwillingness to Repair?

Today was a quiet day - I actually took a midday nap - I have been exhausted as of late and I knew I had to babysit for Rach later tonight. This was the easiest babysitting job ever - both kids are sleep, I did my mani/pedi, I am currently watching Think Like a Man while I blog and sip on wine - AND she ordered pizza & wings for me in case I got hungry. Oh and did I forget to mention the candles lit?! Ahhhhhhhhhhh, the ambiance and aroma. What a pleasurable night - I always love having some quiet me time, allowing myself to think, read, or do whatever it is I want to do for me with no one requesting anything of me. Pure bliss in the rare occasions I experience it.

Per usual I was scrolling through twitter and ran across this tweet from Iyanla Vanzant, what does it take to open your heart and receive someone who betrays your trust?

Deep - as for me, once you break my trust I am unwilling to open my heart back to you because I feel like I am just giving you access to betray me once again. I am attempting to work on this - and I continue to strive to work on my inability to forgive people for their transgressions. The first step is admitting I have the problem, right?! How do you look past what someone did to you and allow them back in your life? I personally think it means they were not meant to be a part of my life indefinitely. And I am ok with that...

I will continue to sip on this wine and relish the quiet as I ponder this whole forgiveness thing. Feel free to weigh in. I am sure I need some help on this one because my pettiness kicks in from time to time.

Good night. And I will leave you with this quote from Lady Gaga: Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother f&*ker's reflection.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top