Morning Rituals

I realized something today - if I was married or in a relationship where I lived with someone I would be in trouble. You may be wondering why...let me explain.

Here is my routine when waking up: either my alarm goes off or I start hearing alerts and I realize I must grab my phone after I hit snooze a few times or try to ignore the sounds emitting. This is before I even pull my head from under the covers - yes, the only thing exposed while I sleep is my nose, don't ask me why, I have no idea, that's just how it has to be. I then check instagram, texts, respond to texts, twitter, and if time permits I may head to facebook for a quick browse. Before I get out of bed (if I have to go to work) breakfast club is streaming from my phone. If the stream is not working correctly, you all know what I am listening to. *chuckling* I have it timed perfectly where I can get ready in less than 20 minutes ready to face my day. And if I don't have to work, I turn on the tv to Good Morning America or Good Day and then I am tuned into Live with Kelly and Michael at 9am with a smoothie in hand.

The key to all this is silence. I love complete silence while I prepare for my day especially when I have not had sufficient sleep. BUT sometimes, I can hold a conversation only if it is interesting to me. I am quite selfish in the am - that is my time. Allow me to have it along with my addiction phone - and there lies the problem.

If you interrupt my routine in any way, this puts me in a bad mood. I remember a time when I was ready to rip my brother's head off because he was in the bathroom at my regular time. WHY would he think it was ok to use the bathroom AT MY TIME?!

If I lived with someone, I would be expected to engage, huh?! Even if we discussed our plans for the day the night before, it would be considered the courteous thing to do I suppose. This previously grated my nerves. I just could not understand why he would always talk to me in the am when he knew my stance. We had a million more hours to talk in the day - give me my peace. I started waking up earlier just so I could have my silence. I suppose I would have to do this to adjust especially after I have children - Price respects my silence. He waits patiently while I check my phone, hands me my glass of water, and he watches Mickey Mouse - he will definitely have to show the newbies the ropes.

Ahhhhh!!! Perfection 

Do you have a specific morning ritual you stick to no matter what? 


CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. hahahahaa I am exactly the same way! so trouble is in the making

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly the same way hahahahahaa trouble in the making

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top