Hop To It

*whispering* I probably should hop to it since I have been writing this blog since Sunday.

Last Saturday I celebrated Easter with the kiddies. The kid doesn't see his cousins too often and I don't want them to feel left out of the activities I do with him, so they are always invited. And boy do we wear each other out.

I got up early to make them brunch of French toast and sausage along with fresh fruit and yogurt - and how about the only kid who ate was Price. The girls ate before coming since it started at 11am. Ah well - I am sure my parents and brother enjoyed the leftovers.

Khloey and Gabrielle were so excited I was wearing a tutu like them (Jeannette approved since it was a kid friendly event). We geared up and tackled all of the activities we had planned: dying eggs, egg hunt, blowing bubbles, hide and seek, story time, freeze dance (the girls came up with this), and painting nails (Price sat this one out and watched Mickey Mouse).










I love how creative and artistic Gabi is becoming - she is so detailed when creating her master pieces. Can you guess which eggs are hers??? What about mine? 

Gabi collected the most eggs, but she shared with her cousins so no one felt left out. Price and his dad found the Golden Egg with money



Party Favors/ Easter Treats
After 3 hours of sleep the night before, I was definitely more than ready for a nap when they left - but look who indulged instead of me. I guess he had fun. 


Although the kid didn't spend Easter with us, he had a basket waiting for him upon his return - lots of flash cards. It is time to get those letters, numbers, and colors down. 
It's official. Starbursts jelly beans are in fact my favorite. I am actually experiencing withdraw since we are out of stock. 
My absolute favorite - white chocolate plus peanut butter. Yummmm! As an adult, I love making the baskets and putting the candy out. It means I do not have to wait until Easter to indulge and I may or may not eat while I make baskets. 
Our yummy Easter dinner - I enjoyed being in the kitchen with my mom for a few hours  Easter Sunday. Another tradition I love.

Sunday ended lent and I just knew I would run to Starbucks at 6am to break fast. However, upon waking I wanted a smoothie and ended up waiting until Monday to indulge in a latte. I cannot even begin to describe the first sip after over 40 days without. Isn't it pretty?!

I hope you all enjoyed your holiday weekend. How did you do with your fasting this year? I have decided I am never giving coffee up again - that was TOO hard. 






CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Loved sharing the Easter Holidays with the family thru your Blog. Thanks for all the great photos, and I LOVED the Tutu! ....but even more I LOVE YOU! XOXO

    Auntie

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top