Fearless

I am loving Between the Covers - outside of my love for books and yummy refreshments, actively engaging about books with other people is exciting. I welcome other perspectives, insight, and I love how we relate the books to issues going on in today's society.

For March, we read Defending Jacob and this book definitely ruffled some feathers. Outside of a child killing 2 of his peers while his DA father was hellbent on proving his innocence; the grandfather orchestrating protection and another murder along with a confession from behind a jail cell; friends turning their backs on a family because of the adversity they endured; this mother KILLED HER SON. It still makes me mad.

A fellow Central 259 alum owns a creperie named Cafe Rue which provided the perfect space for meeting with Alicia, Drea, and Erica (over vSee since she lives in CT). I loved the warm drink they put together for me minus the caffeine but with white chocolate and caramel.

Our book for April is Cheryl Kaye Tardif's Submerged and in May we will be reading The Great Gatsby since a movie will be released based on the book - our meeting will be at the movies that month.


I highly recommend two great books I read last month, Eric Blehm's Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy Seal Team Six Operator Adam Brown and The Man In Apt 3B by Carl Weber.  



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top