What a Nightmare

Imagine my delight when the UPS man comes last night. I run to the door and I'm waiting before he even gets off the truck, I hurriedly sign for the package and I close the door. I rip the box open and notice they sent me an extra charger. Nice. I then open the laptop and put it on. I stare blankly as I notice there is NOTHING on my computer - it was wiped clean to eradicate the issue - and guess who did not back up their system to the external hard drive before sending it off?! That's right! This genius. As a matter of fact, I haven't backed up my laptop all year - cannot remember the last time I did (probably when I last sent it off for repairs). 


I now have to deal with the task of rebuilding my system. Somehow I need to get everything back on there without paying for it again. But I can't help but to scream at all the photos, music, documents, networking, projects, blog info, email correspondences, and memories I have lost. And let us not forget the passwords that were saved on the system, which I cannot remember for the life of me. To sum it up: not a good day and definitely not a good morning. 

I placed the laptop back in the box and I don't know when I will get around to touching it again. I keep hoping this is all just a dream. 

Does anyone have any tips that could be useful during this process? 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top