Spring? Is that you?

With the winter we are experiencing, I must say the temperature this am is feeling rather spring like - I even decided to wear a leather jacket & scarf - I know, I know pushing the limits but it is going up to 41 after all.

Ahhhh - today is the first day of lent - I thought long and hard about what to sacrifice this year. While adjusting to my new schedule, coffee definitely was not an option. Then I got to thinking - aren't there some character traits I want to correct.

So here goes: I am going to attempt to not be as judgmental and to show more compassion. I am going to give up cursing - and every time I slip, a dollar will be added to my swear jar. I am also going to be more positive and not complain - I want to show a grateful attitude at all times because everything happens for a reason after all - even my coffee spilling this am all over my sweater & the jeep. These are things I want to continue to work on way past April 20. Wish me luck.

The verdict is still out on whether I will also give up candy and raspberry gingerale - although that will help me with my diet for Disney and getting into a bathing suit in less than 2 months. I will decide by the end of day - but I am leaning more towards NAH.

I also plan on journaling more to focus on plans for a productive 2014 and beyond. Time to get focused on all of my heart's desires.

Are you observing lent this year? What will you sacrifice or work on for a better you?

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top