Americanah

Have you ever read a book that made you want to absorb another culture while encasing you in a romance in which you knew was wrong, yet somehow you rooted for them if they went about things the right way?!

Alicia picked Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Americanah for Between the Cover's 2nd read of the year and I must say I loved every minute of it. This book was over 500 pages, yet I wanted to slow down while reading so I could savor the emotions I was experiencing.

It was refreshing to see Philadelphia, New York, and Baltimore through the eyes of someone who did not grow up immersed in American culture all while blogging and getting their hair braided (things I was doing as I read the book earlier this year).

Oh what it would be like to love someone with a clean heart...just go get this book and you will understand...or wait until the movie is released. I cannot wait to see how this book is portrayed on screen.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top