Swipe Left, Swipe Right

With my grandmother leading the charge for years, my co-workers finally convinced me to give online dating a serious try. Of course I had to set some ground rules first: I would not go through all these profiles by myself; I would allow them to respond to messages; they were also allowed to like/message the men they deemed a good fit; and I also convinced one of my friends to join with me.

And let's just be honest, it is overwhelming. I began my journey (can you tell I've been watching a lot of The Bachelor???) on OK Cupid. Between all the profile questions and data you have to fill out, I was close to a panic attack. On top of that, some of the people are down right rude with their messaging when you do not respond .07 seconds after they contact you.

Needless to say, I removed this app from my phone and moved on to the next one: Coffee Meets Bagel. This seemed more my speed - more manageable for a rookie like me...with lots of successful & handsome men (Lord Jesus, please don't let me get catfished).

Somehow I still do not believe I am doing this online dating thing correctly. Should I have active profiles on several apps to speed up the process? This is me sending out a SOS - please help!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top