Are You Ready...

*whispers* for some football?! I didn't even want to say it.

Because I am NOT...and these Cowboys & Seahawks fans have no qualm of reminding me of my anxiety...however, this happened in the off season...


Brett Favre was one of the inductees into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Nobody warned me his speech would cue waterworks. I did anticipate the laughs. And him breaking the rules with the time constraints. The floor was his to be taken with a captivated audience. What a way to end this chapter of his life. He summed it up best on Instagram - humbled, honored, AND blessed

Enough with my reminiscing, back to my current nightmare. I thought if I closed my eyes, Chip Kelly being the new head coach of the 49ers would be a dream and not reality...yet, here we are...headed into the season...with Chip leading the reins...and Colin taking stands (I sure hope he's also reconnecting with his teammates after DEMANDING a trade since you know, quarterbacks tend to LEAD the team; working on his actual game to earn his spot back; figuring out a way to get out of his own way and not implode after making a mistake since there are actually FOUR quarters in the game; and learning how to read the opposing team's defense. Hmmm...I wonder if Brett or Peyton are available to mentor this young lad.) This should be a fun season. And by fun, I am talking lots of pizza & tequila consumed along with fun, colorful language. I cannot wait. (I should probably invent a sarcasm font.)

We are kicking off the new NFL season with a rematch of last season's Super Bowl. The Broncos will host the Panthers tonight starting at 8:30. Looks like I am going to have to pick up pizza & wings for dinner to dine on as we watch them battle it out. I am sure the Panthers are out for revenge

Once again, the 49ers open their season on Monday night - this year their opponent is the LOS ANGELES Rams starting at 10:20. I am anxious to see the play calling and how we look cohesively as a unit with Blaine Gabbert at the helm. I sure hope my blood pressure can handle it!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top