Let's Dance in the Rain

*whispers* Do you know what today is?! It is the first day October...my birthday month...which means Libra season is here!!! If you cannot tell, I am a tad bit excited and I love this time of year. 

Let's just say I already kicked off my birthday behavior with a bang...2 tickets to The Formation World Tour, please! 

The forecast was dreary, but I refused to allow the weather to impact my mood. Just a few quick wardrobe changes - sequined tee replaced an oversized tank; added a hat & a red lip; removed suede stilettos & threw on combat boots; grabbed my dad's raincoat - and I was feeling myself

As I waited for Andriece to get ready, I checked in with Rae & Chris. After all, we were so excited at work, I have no idea how we made it through the day. The only logical way to check in was with selfies - 
Please don't mind me if I live in this hat & jacket for the next few months
While we got poured on waiting for the show to start...
I quickly downed a vodka and pineapple because you know...liquor makes you forget you may possibly be soaked underneath all your layers as you are waiting patiently for Bey. 
The stadium went dark, I jumped to my feet and was at attention because baby it's youuuuuuu...
The rain has to be Bey's element - you would have thought it was a part of her show...
She played in it alongside her dancers and did not miss a beat. 
She even threw me a party as we sang and danced in the rain. I may be young but I'm readyyyy....
Purple Rain tribute
A few snippets from the show...
Hey Beyonce...I have a serious question...as I was stunned by the choreography, I couldn't help but notice how smooth everything is for you and your dancers. Who does your waxes OR is it laser hair removal?! I love Sabah, but I need an appointment with whomever provides you services. STAT! 
It only seemed appropriate the night ended with fireworks...
Of course I bought home some confetti - I love souvenirs
There are not too many things that would make me stand in the rain for hours (while missing my Thursday tv lineup) and somehow forget I am wet. All was forgotten as I enjoyed myself and had an unforgettable night.

This has to be the best show I have seen Bey perform. She engages with her crowd (AND thanked us multiple times for being there despite the weather), sings, dances, puts on a burlesque show, empowers and motivates. There is NO such thing as a weak woman. 

Now let's continue to pray more; uplift each other; be our own best friend; make lemonade out of lemons; and dance in the midst of the rain.  Cause I SLAY!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top