Let the Crafting Begin!

I was on my way to work one morning and saw this on Instagram. I excitedly knew I HAD to recreate this for our mantle.


I also knew the person who would be perfect with the assist - Jara! She is quite handy with tools and building walls. An ornament display would be a piece of cake for her. Working with her was like a dream come true. She ensured we had all the supplies for our craft and I only had to show up with my hot glue gun. Now THAT I can handle! 

When I arrived to her house, she had already cut the pieces of wood we would need. 

Full disclosure: I snapped the beginning stages, yet forgot to save the pictures to share on the blog before they disappeared. This is not the first time this is happened. I promise, I will get better. 

Imagine my surprise when I saw, she had even given me my own drill. I am not sure she knew how dangerous this was - but she instructed me how to use it and let's just say, painting may be my thing. 

Iker was making sure I was spray painting the wood right 
After painting silver stripes on the white & eating pizza, it was time to get down to business...creating our fabulous ornament displays.


I may have burned my fingers a time or two, but I think they came out really good.


Once they dried, we added the finishing touches to our respective mantles. 
                   

                                  

Are you doing any holiday crafts this year? If so, please share! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top