Just Let Me Smell It

It seems as if Bogs and I have developed a new tradition. We end up celebrating my birthday whenever a holiday movie hits theaters. Last year, it was Love the Coopers. This year we geared up for Almost Christmas...but not before we went on an adventure.

Burger Fi had been on my list of places to try, so I decided we should go before the movie, even though the movie served food. Bogs couldn't figure out how we would still make our movie on time after going all the way downtown, but I was determined to make it work.

If you didn't know, car rides with your friends provide the best place for raw conversations and impromptu karaoke sessions. With all of our busy lives, these car rides are becoming the foundations to our friendships. I loathe talking on the phone, but get me in a car and I will run my mouth. And if you cannot get me in a car, send me an email, text, or schedule brunch. 


As we were pulling up to pick up our order, I immediately saw SWAT vehicles and officers as they were covering a protest. Of course, I called my dad to see if they needed food and he replied, what about your father. I had no idea he was in the vicinity too. And like the good daughter I am, I ran him burgers on our way back to the theater to catch our show, as we ate our dinner in the car. 

There are no words to describe these burgers and shakes. We both became silent as we devoured our meals. Burger Fi may be my favorite new spot for burgers - they are ranked over Shake Shack and you know how much I love them! 

We pulled into the movies' parking lot with 20 minutes to spare, just enough time for me to order an adult Shirley Temple for the first time. Bogs requested to smell it when it arrived since she has a little over 4 months before she will pop her newest baby and a cork. 


Since I am such a good friend, I drank this for her as we settled in to enjoy the movie. Almost Christmas was such a great movie to start getting us in the holiday spirit right before Thanksgiving.  

Now if only I can figure out what Santa should bring everybody. What is on your wish list this year? 



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top