Time to Unwind

With last week's insanity behind me, as I prep for a new week I have decided to revisit a place of serenity - the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa and Marina

Let's rewind...I had no idea what to give Rae for her bridal shower gift, but I did know her stress was building with all the wedding planning. A spa night fleetingly came to mind and the more I thought about it, the idea seemed perfect.

This wasn't something I could give as a surprise since we had to plan a night, take off work, schedule appointments, AND work it in amongst everything else wedding related...but we figured it out QUICKLY. We had something to look forward to and we could run away for a bit to just unwind & relax. 

The weather was perfect as we hit the road to get to the bay. 

Upon entering the resort, we were immediately impressed. We could not contain our excitement...we had successfully escaped adulting if only for a night
Upon checking into the room, we had one goal - figure out how to hook up the fire stick to the tv in the hotel without the remote. With the assistance of google, we figured out how to sync our phones with Rae's at home network. Our Gilmore Girls marathon was on the horizon.

Let's take a moment here for Gilmore Girls...WHY did I not watch this show when it aired?! I have NO idea how I missed this series, but Rae obligingly settled in to revisit Stars Hollow while I caught up with these characters for the first time. I may need to give my in depth Gilmore analysis its own blog at a later date and time...
There was a knock on the door as we were getting ready for the spa. The resort sent us a goody bag filled with snacks for our girls night!

It was finally time for the spa. We could not wait to lay on those tables.
CHEERS!
With all of our tension released, we were ready to shower and get ready for dinner at The Water's Edge Grill...

and more drinks of course...

These salads and wings were delicious! 

After dinner, we enjoyed the sunset on the waterfront...

before lounging fireside. 
And how did we end the night?! With cupcakes, bubbly, and more Gilmore Girls of course. 
Upon waking, we ordered breakfast in bed as we watched Live with Kelly. This was the first time I was able to see Richard Curtis co-host and I must say...I hope this every day guy lands the gig. He's relatable, engaging, and exudes great energy. 
What more could we want?! Hmmm...maybe to extend our stay another night, but reality was calling. After exploring the resort a bit more, we hit the road to come home. Rae had an aisle to walk down! 

One thing is for certain,  I will definitely return to Hyatt Chesapeake Bay to unwind for a few days. With gorgeous grounds, stellar service, great food, fire pits, and multiple pools - they have everything I need!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top