This is SEVEN

Dear Price,

I swear time is flying - I feel like I just wrote this post. But here we are, on your SEVENTH birthday.

Your mere existence has somehow grounded me and made me better. Thank you for all the infectious giggles, cuddles, karaoke sessions in the car, and always breaking rules with me. Eating dessert for dinner in bed while watching movies has become our thing. 

Although we love to push limits on rules (and drive everybody else crazy), you also give me pause and remind me of the important things in life - like slowing down to enjoy the moment, disconnecting from technology, and simply being nice even when people are not the nicest to you. You have a huge heart and love so selflessly. It is my wish this world does not tarnish your spirit.  

I also have to admit you turning seven makes me a bit sad. Sad realizing my time is limited in when I can pick you up, snuggle, and make everything ok for you. Knowing this I will simply cherish all of our moments and maybe lift some weights to give us a tad bit more time. But even when I can no longer lift you, I will always be here to protect you or talk things out over pizza. 

It was so much fun watching you have the time of your life at your birthday party. Of course, that deserves a post of its own...so more on that LATER! 
Here's to your day being filled with confetti, balloons, candy, and whatever you want. Happy birthday my sweet, baby boy. Auntie loves you!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top