Dare to be...

CHALLENGED.

I was having a typical text convo with Drea last week and something she said made me pause. I didn't want to breeze by it - THIS needed my full attention. She told me about a challenge she received from a friend and how each month they would give each other new goals.

As I pondered, I was like this is GREAT...YET frightening. I wanted to join...but then I was like Drea will probably make me quit. IMMEDIATELY. You see...she pushes me to go after things. Things I want. Things I deserve.

I also did not want to intrude on her accountability with Sonya. I was determined to find someone to tackle this with me. Andriece agreed when I propositioned her. I squealed. I already knew what her May challenge would be, however, I was NOT ready for mine. AND there may have been some colorful words exchanged. She scaled back A BIT and then I decided WHAT DO I HAVE TO LOSE. Please note, Drea is very excited about my task...and this is totally something I would have expected her to select. 

How did Jasmine know I would need a new notebook - and this one screams perfection
Here is what I am realizing. Our friends get an inside, raw look at things we encounter in life straight up. NO filter. NO chaser. 

Due to this view, they can oftentimes pinpoint our fears and can encourage you to conquer them. They are also aware of the desires of your heart. AND they know things we want to do, yet due to obligations we just aren't setting the time aside to focus on ourselves. And ya know, sometimes we may need a hard push to run with our dreams. 

Needless to say I accepted Andriece's challenge. Soooo hello there May - I am ready for you. We have some brainstorming to do. 

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. I just realized that my vision board is helping me with my monthly goals...just in case brainstorming gets a tag overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top