Diving Between June's Covers

The thing I am learning about lists...they are never ending. I cross things off, and something soon takes its place.

This remains true for my to read list - I guess we just need to accept it will never end. But that's quite ok with me if the books are as good as this month's reads.

An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
This book right here...EXHALES. Read it and call me. There are things I need to get off my chest. 

The Idea of You by Robinne Lee 
Heartbroken. The only way I can describe how I felt at the end, but how could it possibly be THE END. There has to be a sequel, right??? Solene & Hayes' story cannot possibly be over.

When I'm With YouSurrender to Me by Donna Hill
While attempting to get over my emotional hangover from The Idea of You, When I'm With You became available from the library. Upon finishing it, I realized it was the sequel to Surrender to Me. You know what happened next. I needed to figure out where it all began. Each book can stand alone - but why not treat yourself to all the details. I quickly gobbled them up while reading this next selection simultaneously...
P is obsessed with Dog Man books lately
Big Magic  by Elizabeth Gilbert
As a creative, it can be frustrating when you hit roadblocks. Or when your intended audience honestly do not understand their overall strategy and you find yourself defending your work that is in fact producing results. Let me just say...this book was magical and I am mad this sat on my shelf for over a year without me opening it. Feeling a tad bit renewed upon completion.  And I must admit, I didn't want it to end. I kept putting it down so it would not be over. BUT it left me with this...

Don't rush through the experiences and circumstances that have the most capacity to transform you.  Don't let go of your courage the moment things stop being easy or rewarding. Because THAT moment? That's the moment when interesting begins. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top