Living His Best Life

As the sun rises on the last day before we officially have a 2nd grader, let's revisit Price's first international trip.

Me: Where did you go for vacation?
Price: The Dominican Republic with Auntie, Mema, and Poppy.


Editor's Note: Mema & Poppy suffered through first class on the way down, while Price & I lived it up in coach. 

Me: Tell me something about the DR.
Price: I saw a Michael Jackson show.
Me: What was your favorite moment?
Price: Swimming underwater

Me: Was the food good at your resort?
Price: Yes - the noodles (spaghetti) and the lemonade.
Me: What did you do for fun?
Price: I went to the beach and the pool on the last day.
Me: Did anything funny happen on your trip?
Price: Auntie running into a tree.

Me: Did you have any new experiences?
Price: Learning some spanish, holding a parrot, ordering my own lemonade from the bar all day.
So where did we stay?! Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. If you are a travel snob like me, I would not recommend this resort. There were too many times a drink was NOT in my hand even after I ordered it as I laid by the pool. YET my dad never seemed to encounter this issue (all female staff). But one night at dinner I thrived...our male waiter helped me drink an entire bottle of champagne. We would make eye contact, and I would simply hold my glass over my shoulder. He received an amazing tip. 

In regards to drinks, I also learned a great parenting tip. Price aggressively practiced his math skills in the summer trying to keep up with how many drinks I consumed. I love assisting in building his addition and multiplication, soooo CHEERS! Please note: the drinks were like juice, so it didn't even matter how many I consumed.  
                                  
                                 
                                  

The food was just ok...some nights better than others. However, am I the only one who goes on vacay and eats more healthy than at home?! I tend to fill up on fruits and salads. Also, there was only food available by the pool one of the days we were there...who feels like getting up, drying off, and getting dressed again to eat lunch. That is NOT what vacations are made of...I am only dressed for breakfast and dinner. 

Entertainment was pretty good and there was always something for Price to do, although he preferred to be my shadow for the duration of the trip. 

The spa was AMAZING...BUT (why is there always a but in this post) you could not lounge at the spa afterwards without paying an additional fee. Since it was not secluded from the pool area and I was on Price's clock, I simply got dressed after my massage and slipped back in the pool with him. 
The face of a dejected kid who does not want to go home
Price had the time of his life on this trip and couldn't believe everything was free. I am glad I was able to experience the last point of the cana palm trees with him. But uhhhh yeah...I may just need a do over...somewhere else. 

Did you put any stamps on your passport this summer?! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top