Diving Between July's Covers

Let's just dive between July's covers...

On the Corner of Hope and Main by Beverly Jenkins 
Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
As I open each release in the Blessings series, I feel as if I am wearing my fave tee while sipping a perfect latte. ⁠Coziness immediately envelops me as I catch up with the characters in Henry Adams. ⁠
And upon completion I am left with hope. The only thing we can cling to nowadays. ⁠

Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I cued up my fave playlist & settled in with this one since I had been anticipating this release since closing The Friend Zone. I couldn't stop pondering about Sloan especially after I found out this book was written first. ⁠⁠

Full disclosure: I didn't believe anyone could "replace" Brandon. But let me tell you...Jason...😍⁠
And Sloan's growth while tackling grief. She deserved a round of applause. ⁠

Foul is Fair by Hannah Capin
Goodreads Rating: ⭐️
I do not like talking negatively about books, so maybe I should not say anything here. There's one thing to want revenge, but there has to be a limit to the extent you would go to GET revenge especially when you opt out of legal ramifications.

The Switch by Beth O' Leary
Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

If ever there was a perfect book to escape real life and unsettled feelings, this one checked all my boxes. ⁠
✅ laugh out loud moments⁠
✅ supportive friends⁠
✅ personal growth⁠
✅ working thru grief & family discourse⁠
✅ ROMANCE⁠
✅ taking a leap of faith⁠
What more could I ask for?! ✨💖✨⁠

Island Affair by Priscilla Oliveras
Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️
Unfortunately, this one fell flat with me. I found myself caring more about supporting characters. However, the description of Key West and their cuisine has only heightened my desire to visit this city...you know, once it is deemed safe again. 

Girl Gone Viral by Alisha Rai
Goodreads Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Seems like I am making a splash catching up with all my fave book characters in sequels this summer. 💦⁠
Katrina's selflessness never wavered thru this series. Honestly, we need more people like her in this world. ⁠And you know what we don't need...people who lie on social media for popularity or their next big break. ⁠


Have you read anything good this summer?!


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top