Home Alone 7: Lost in Homewood Suites

How did we even get here?! I told myself I wasn't throwing a party this year. Yet as I drank my coffee on Sunday, 1/21 - I decided on Friday, 2/2 (merely 12 days later) we WOULD do something small. No themes captivated me, but then it suddenly clicked. Home Alone 7: Lost in Homewood Suites.

Somehow I was determined to pull this off. And for once, I didn't hesitate in calling in all the favors. I needed designers (Kyle), artists (Em), writers (Caren & Maya), holiday lights (Pam & Tom), custom t-shirts (Rae & Kev), a room (Collin), brainstormining sessions, and my mom to help me bring my vision to life.

I am pretty sure I drove everybody crazy coming up with activities and ideas from the movie. But hey, we all know when I invest in something - I commit! And the best part...Price had no idea what I was planning...I told him I totally forgot his birthday was coming up since I had been so busy with work. The glares I received were priceless as I giggled in my head. He even told me, well since you forgot - I guess you can just FaceTime me while I am at my ninja party. If he only knew what I had up my sleeve.

First things first, we had to create the invitation which was a play off the movie poster.

I also figured we needed a sign too because...WHY NOT?! 
Then we had to come up with a battle plan. After all, this was Price's 7th birthday - he had to defend it! I figured he could execute this fully by splashing in a pool, nerf gun boot camp, lego minefields, boobie trap wars, snack central, dance battles, sparking up a cake, and watching Home Alone. 
And because I am ridiculous, we needed shirts created with his birthday logo. It just made sense, no?! 
I pondered what 7 items to put in goodie bags, and a simple trip to the dollar store solved this issue: ring pops, silly string, sling shots, bubbles, confetti bomps, crazy straws, and glowing race cars. 
The menu was easy - 
And snacks...lots and lots of snacks...
All of the kid's favorites: oreos, potato chips, popcorn, bubble gum, swedish fish, sour watermelons, twizzlers, m&ms, twix, & candy canes
Just in case they wanted brain freeze - we had all the toppings for a delicious ice-cream sundae.
Oh! And let there be cake. I had NO idea what I wanted it to look like since Pinterest didn't have anything good. I went to Bredenbeck's, told them my theme, and asked them to put Happy Birthday Ya Filthy Animal and his name on it somewhere. I left the rest up to them. I LOVED what they came up with - 
I wanted to get him a Talk Boy since he had been asking for one, however, the price was ridiculous on ebay. I settled for a Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 so he could capture moments from his party. 
February 2 - I woke up to snow. I refused to let it dampen my mood. Operation Price Turns 7 was ready to be executed. After all, it snowed on every Home Alone movie - why would ours be any different?! 

Before his family & friends arrived, I had one request AFTER the beds were properly tested. Mochs and Price determined they were fully suited to endure flawless jumps and flips. 

We needed to do a quick photo shoot with his 7 balloon. 
With that out of the way, we were ready to get lost in Homewood Suites. There was only one rule, the kids were in charge until the fun police arrived.
I giggled when Lauren's daughter, McKenzie, questioned me with: I can jump on this bed AND eat alllll these snacks...whatever I want?! What if I chew this entire pack of gum??? I simply replied, well you better blow me a really big bubble. Challenge was accepted!
You know who never questions the concept of NO rules...
Meanwhile, this one thinks she makes ALL the rules. 
Chloe wanted to push him in so bad



Notice Kevin jumping on the bed in the background
Sometimes I teach the kids strategic and tactical skills when we are just hanging around


Two of my favorite moments of the night was in the midst of silly string & confetti bombs, somebody set off a bomb. Price stood there, with his hands up squealing as confetti rained on him. And then when everybody yelled, Happy Birthday Ya Filthy Animal! 
I am pretty sure I wiped the kids out in just 4 hours. They all sure know how to party. And as for the birthday boy, he ended his night by eating pizza...IN BED. Just how we like it. 
*disclaimer* Operation Price Turns 7 was resolved without any serious injuries to all parties involved. Now turn your sound on and enjoy this Mema & Pops Production of Home Alone 7: Lost in Homewood Suites.  
Keep the change ya filthy animal! 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top