I know...I should NEVER be happy about someone's death - but I couldn't help feel nothing but a sense of relief as I heard the news that the taliban responsible for killing 38 American soldiers this past Saturday in Afghanistan was killed in retaliation.
I hate 38 MORE soldiers will never return home to their family because of a senseless act of violence. These men died serving their country and I know it won't bring their loved ones back, but at least their families know the people responsible for the soldiers' ultimate sacrifice has breathed their last breath as well.
At some point, I hope they somehow find comfort and peace through these trying times.
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpps/news/taliban-who-downed-us-helicopter-killed-us-general-says-dpgonc-20110810-fc_14510387
CONVERSATION
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Between The Covers
Popular Posts
-
Let's set the scene - I was lounging on the chair/ottoman in the family room, watching Young & the Restless, and responding to an em...
-
The end of July marks the beginning of little league football season, which is the bane of my existence. What this means for me - lots of ex...
-
*whispering* I probably should hop to it since I have been writing this blog since Sunday. Last Saturday I celebrated Easter with the kidd...

0 comments:
Post a Comment