Peanut Butter Pie

I love to bake. I love trying out new recipes - and right now I simply cannot get enough peanut butter - snickers peanut butter squares, white chocolate reeses, apples w/ peanut butter, reeses blizzards - if you can add peanut butter to it, the more I love it.

Anyways, I came across a new recipe w/ a blog on twitter. Long story short, a woman (Jennie) lost her husband suddenly to a heart attack - his favorite dessert was a peanut butter pie. She hasn't made it for him in awhile and she had kept saying she would make it for him tomorrow - but tomorrow never came for them.

Jennie decided to make his favorite dessert this Friday (August 12) to give away to someone she loves along with a hug because tomorrow isn't promised. She encourages others to do the same in remembrance of her beloved husband, Mikey. This is helping her grieve and share his memory with their family and two young daughters since the loss is so new to them - she is trying to find a new normalcy for their lives.

Attached is a link to the recipe. Feel free to try it out - I know I will sooner rather than later - who wants to share it with me?! I only need one slither! (seriously)

http://vanillakitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/peanut-butter-cream-pie-for-mikey.html

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top