Sweet Potato Cheesecake

My first bite of this was at my mother's godsister's baby shower. I immediately fell in love with it - I like sweet potato pie, but I do not love it - the texture of the sweet potato cheesecake is PERFECT. I had to get my hands on the recipe, so I could make it one of my staples. I have tweaked the recipe over the years, by adding some of this and that - but here is the original I was given. Your guests will love it. 



Ingredients:
  • 4 nice sized yams (some people use canned yams, I do not - I prefer fresh ingredients)
  • 1/2 cup butter (softened)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp nutmeg
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 tbs.  lemon juice
  • 2 tbs. vanilla extract
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 packages Philly Cream Cheese (softened)
  • 3 shortbread crusts (this is my preference because I do not like graham cracker crusts, but you can use those as well) 

Directions:

1. Preheat oven at 350
2. Mix yams with butter
3. Then add the rest of the ingredients (except for cream cheese). Taste it to see if you need more sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, or vanilla
4. Once your mixture tastes like sweet potato pie, mix in the cream cheese
5. Pour into crusts
6. Bake pies for 30 minutes
7. Once pies cool off, refrigerate for at least 12 hours and then serve


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top