Reflection

I had so many plans for today - I was going to do my hair, give myself a manicure and pedicure, make my vision board, and then prepare our New Year's Eve feast - trying out new recipes for several appetizers - oh and let's not forget the cocktails...that was until the germ monster (Collin or Price) struck and left me and my mother sick - needless to say I stayed in bed all day having movies watch me as I could not keep me eyes open, struggling to keep down gingerale (sounds like fun and a pretty picture, right?!) 

Needless to say my plans were scratched - this is the first New Year's Eve where I have not washed all my clothes and made sure my hair and nails were perfect - and you know what?! I am ok with that - I had these thoughts of a long post, but I just am not feeling up to it. 

2011 was a year of "unmonumental" change - rekindled old friendships, moved some out of my inner circle, and pulled my familial unit tighter - oh yeah, and I started a new chapter of my life - I became an auntie. There were lots of laughs and fun; I am thankful for what was experienced. I wish you all a happy new year and many blessings. If you are out, please be safe. As for me, I am hoping to make it until midnight - in the meantime, "bartender, refill my gingerale - no ice please."



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top