Birthday Cake Oreo Stuffed Brownies...

are you drooling yet?! I want it to get in my mouth. NOW...with a scoop of Breyer's vanilla ice cream.



As I suffered from the germs Price infested me with last weekend, I found myself laying in bed...for days...watching tv, reading, and surfing the net were the only things that kept me occupied when I wasn't sleeping...imagine my excitement when I ran across this recipe. Now that I am feeling better (and finally got dressed and ventured OUT the house) I wish Bogs and Kendall would come over so I can make them...and she can take more than half home with her so her girls can enjoy them after school.

If you want to make them too, here's how:

Ingredients
1 cup dutch-process cocoa (such as Hershey's Dark)
1 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. unsalted butter
2 cups sugar
1 TBSP vanilla
3 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
20 Birthday Cake Oreos (or regular Oreos)
1 tsp. corn syrup
1 tsp. water
sprinkles



Directions

  • Preheat oven to 325.  Grease a 9x13" baking pan.
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.  Set aside.
  • In a medium saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low, until melted.  Add the sugar and stir to combine.  Continue heating about 1-2 minutes, until hot.
  • Remove the pan from the heat and add the cocoa mixture, stirring until combined.  Add the eggs and vanilla; stir until totally combined.
  • Add the flour and stir again until smooth.  
  • Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan.  Top with 20 Oreos. Cover with the remaining batter; spread gently with an offset spatula. 
  • Bake for about 30 minutes, until the brownies are done, but the center still looks soft.
  • Set the pan on a wire cooling rack and let cool 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, stir together the corn syrup and water.
  • After 10 minutes, lightly brush the corn syrup mixture onto the cooled brownies.  Scatter on the sprinkles.  (Adding them before baking will cause the sprinkles to discolor and become misshapen.)
  • Let the brownies cool completely before cutting.  

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top