Puffy Peanut Butter Cup and Cheesecake Swirl Brownies

By now you all have come to recognize my love for peanut butter. Picky Palate has the easiest recipe listed and I may give this a try if I have a dinner party - no one in my family can understand my fascination, but my friends sure do.



Here is the recipe if you want to give it a whirl:

Ingredients:

1 brownie mix of choice (9x13 size) along with ingredients on the back of package (I would use the brownie recipe here, since when I bake, I tend not to use the box.
8 oz softened cream cheese
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

2 cups mini marshmallows
12 regular size Reeses Peanut Butter cups (cut into cubes)
1 cup of chocolate chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter, melted in microwave to drizzle


Directions: 
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Prepare brownie mix and then place the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. 
2. In another bowl, mix together cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Drop by tablespoonfuls evenly over the brownie batter. Take a knife or toothpick and swirl the cheese mixture through the brownie batter. Bake for 30-32 minutes or until cooked through. 
3. Once brownies are just about cooked (with about 2 minutes left), sprinkle marshmallows, Reeses cups, and chocolate chips over the brownies. Cook for the remaining 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed slightly. 
4. Remove and cool completely before cutting. While brownies are cooling, drizzle melted peanut butter over the brownies. 
5. Once cool, use a plastic knife to cut into squares for an easy nonstick cut. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top