Guest Blogger (Anonymous) - What 30 Brought Me


This next blogger who shares her experience opted to be anonymous - I have always loved her spirit and genuine heart. She exudes such a positive aura and inner beauty - she deserves nothing but the best life has to offer. With her drive and determination I KNOW she will get it. Here's what 30 brought her...

Thirty did not begin the way that I had expected. As a young 20 year old woman when I would envision being 30, I thought of dream jobs, a family of my own including 1.5 kids J, a loving husband and all around confidence in my life and position in the world. In December 2011, I was approaching the close of my 20’s and had not exactly reached any of the aforementioned goals. However! I was happy: I was completing my master’s program; I enjoyed working for the company that employs me, working in the industry I love (& loathe at the same time!); I had the support of my family; I was a homeowner and I had an over 5 year relationship with a man who although not perfect I believed loved me and we would soon be on our way to those 1.5 kids! In a few short months I graduated, master’s degree in hand, my greatest fear was dedicating my life to this for 3 years, and being the impatient woman that I am,  not having an immediate “payout”. Nonetheless, I was excited and nervous but I had accomplished something that could only set me up for future success. The life plan was still in motion, although slightly detoured. Thirty for me was only two short months away, I was in the process of planning my significant others 30th birthday as well, since as fate would have it I was only 9 days older than him, it was a big deal for me  (sharing a birthday is not recommended J). Then as my birthday approached I started to realize we only spoke about it when I brought it up, it felt odd but I dismissed it, after all this was my “him”…he knew what to do. Fast forward, 8 days before my 30th birthday, my “him” decided our relationship had run its course. Now the details of this decision at this point are insignificant to the story…it should only be said that I would not have expected this to be the outcome. With this being said between graduation, no immediate job advancement, my “him” leaving and along with him the immediate opportunity for family and don’t forget the 1.5 kids, turning 30 years old was not going as planned, AT ALL. I was not prepared (not to say I did not contemplate the possibility) for the “what if’s” of it all, that are always around the corner: What if I don’t get this promotion? What if I don’t put my degree to immediate use? What if my “him” and I did not last? What if he never asked me to marry him? What if all of these life plans I had don’t happen on “schedule”?

Thirty has taught me to expect the unexpected. A simple concept right? People say it every day.  I don’t know that I have ever fully understood that you mustn’t only expect it but be prepared to handle it when it comes. This map that I had developed for my life was not set in stone but in my mind it was…it was my plan, what I wanted, so of course it had to work! However, life’s journey is just that…a trip that does not have one path to one final destination. It is full of obstacles and experiences that are placed strategically to prepare us for the multiple plateaus that we will reach. Turning 30 years old has provided me with the insight to accept my journey along with all of its twists and turns, continuously moving forward and being prepared for the “what if’s” readying myself for the next plateau.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top