15 Days to 30 - Silence is Golden

Another key lesson I have learned in my twenties is I do not have to always have to have the last word - and some things do not even dignify a response.

I was taught as a child if I don't have anything nice to say then to say nothing at all. And I have finally adopted this theory and actually learned to keep my mouth shut in some situations (saying it to my girlfriends does not count). If what I say, feel, or think will not change the outcome or if I KNOW someone is just trying to trigger a response from me, I have learned to walk away.

Also sometimes your family and friends just need to vent - they don't need your opinion, they only want a listening ear. No need to make them feel worse about a situation or judged.

And this my friends is major growth for me.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top