Something New - Philly Cheesesteak Nachos

I am always up for trying new recipes - my family not too much - so when I am looking to expand my menus to new things, I know my girlfriends are always up for tasting. 

Bogs asked me to come over her house since she just got back from Vegas to chill - and she offered to make me fried chicken and to have a bottle of wine - of course, I was sold - and I even offered to make a batch of my white peach sangria! 

Yet as we were on our way to the store and I was STARVING as a result of the wine consumed the night before, I realized I could not wait for the food to be done and we needed an appetizer. We quickly decided on philly cheesesteak nachos - I had to see if they could make it to game day - this was the easiest thing to put together ever - and it was so good! Literally cook the meet, throw nachos in a pan, drain cooked meat, spread it out over the nachos, top with cheese (I mixed mozzarella and sharp), and bake on 375 until the cheese is melted. And if you season the meat just right, you don't need any sauce. Yum! 



If you know me and my friends, you know we rarely get together without dessert - unless we all are on crazy diets at the same time. This seemed like the perfect opportunity to try the Slutty Brownies - I did use white chocolate chips instead of regular and I swirled caramel in my brownie batter before baking it. Only note - you will have to cook this about 50 minutes instead of the 30 - 35 the recipe calls for, but it was well worth the wait - an instant party in my mouth from first bite! But I refuse to eat anymore of this delectable treat! I have to look fab for my 30th birthday after all! 


And then I came home to this ham dancing up a storm with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He starts daycare on my birthday - now you know I am on the hunt for the perfect first day outfit! I already have something in mind. 





What a great way to spend such a gorgeous day!

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top