25 Days to 30 - AP*#&#IJNFGBDMS

Imagine working with former co-workers again - people you have not seen in almost 10 years and one of the first things someone says to you is so are you married yet, I am sure you have a husband by now, tell me about him.

Now can you picture my face as my heart beat races and I am faced with the realization (again): YES, I will be 30 in 25 days and NO I do not have a husband and NO I do not have any children...then imagine my exhale as I know this is ok regardless of plans I may have had for myself at a younger age.  I just knew I would be married by 24 at the latest, first kid by 25/26 and second by 29 - and I would be done by 30. And just because I do not have a husband or children this does not make me any inferior to those who do - I was able to accomplish other things which were beneficial to my life.

But hey I cannot control and plan every aspect of my life (especially when another party is involved) and I am learning to accept this and be comfortable with it. After all, this is not my plan - it's God's so I have to trust he knows what's best for me and will place people and things in my life when he knows I am ready for them. Until then...yeah...until then...

I smiled, politely answered "No, I am not married yet, but life is good and I cannot complain. Want to see pictures of my nephew?!?! Now tell me about your grandbabies and how they are doing." 

SIDE NOTE: Did I mention my Mochs turned 5 today?! I cannot believe my baby is growing up so quickly. *sobbing internally*

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top