6 Days to 30 - Healthier Living

I have never been one who particularly watched what I ate and exercised regularly. However, in my late 20s I noticed that although my eating habits hadn't changed, my routine/schedule did and as a result my metabolism S...L...O...W...E...D... down!!! And this PISSED ME OFF!!!!

In my early 20s, I could go on a crazy extreme diet for a week or 2 and my clothes would fit normally again - problem solved. I tried that about 2 years ago and the weight wouldn't budge EVEN with my incorporating intense cardio - mind you I should do cardio at least 4 times a week because of my heart murmur and my coffee consumption, but nope I wasn't.

I decided last year to go see a nutritionist and develop a work out plan/ caloric intake particularly for me. I don't particularly diet - I watch my portions (even though I don't eat a lot), I force myself to eat breakfast, I drink all water most of the time, and I try to consume more veggies and fruits. I also strive to work out for an hour at least 3 days a week (on good weeks). I must say when I am doing this consistently, I feel better, I have more energy, and I sleep better at night.

I have made a promise to myself, I will keep up with this routine especially because of my heart murmur. I do not know why it took me so long to commit to this - I guess because I did not have a weight problem, so why should I work out?! However, I do not want to develop a weight problem, so I will strive to be the healthiest me.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top