My Love Affair Continues

with NYC that is...I absolutely love the city and enjoy every minute I spend there - even if I had to leave my house at 3:30am, sprained my ankle on the way out the door missing a few steps as I walked downstairs in the dark (luckily it did not start hurting until I boarded my train to come back home), and the day before was emotionally draining (thinking I may have to cancel my trip to Live with Kelly & Michael again) - NOTHING was going to stand in the way of me having a great time with my lover. 


What do I see once I get off the train to walk to the studio?! Nothing other than Lincoln Center - I have to work on an invite there for New York Fashion Week. That is def on my bucket list in my head - maybe I should write it out and start checking things off.

Lincoln Center
FINALLY HERE!!!! 
Prepping for the show
I could not figure out how to turn the flash off of my camera and my phone was off conserving my battery for navigation through the city, so I took NO pics during the show. Sorry!!! BUT I had a great time! I was a part of their VIP for the day - I don't know why maybe because I mentioned my 30th bday in my letter - whatever the case is I was a happy lady sitting front row, interacting with Michael & Kelly during commercial breaks and enjoying the show - after the show they filmed some promos that will air later and as a surprise they had an extra interview they had to film (probably to air while they are off during the holidays but allowing the show to still have new content) - guess who it was?!?! No, no, no - it was not Trey although he was in the city since he was performing at Madison Square Garden Theater later that night. It was Tony Goldwyn - my fellow Gladiators will know him better as Fitz or Mr. President. I was so thrilled - would he spill the beans on whether he lives or dies?! Of course not - but what they did discuss is how him and Olivia have a problem - he is madly in love with a woman who isn't his wife and Olivia is the crisis fixer, yet she cannot handle her own crisis. AND you know what else they talked about?! Those sex scenes. Ha! Did you all know Tony's family represents the "G" in MGM?! I had no idea. Overall it was a great experience and I would love to go back. The chemistry was great between Michael & Kelly. Michael really gets out there in the audience to interact with the fans - I wasn't sure how I really felt about him as co-host, but seeing him in person I must say he is a welcomed addition to my favorite morning show. 

There is just something about the holidays in the city - the decor is simply beautiful and I love all the activities they have to keep you entertained. Of course I traipsed around the city to shop, eat, and explore hitting Rockefeller Center and Times Square among other places. And I just realized I didn't even have a drink or cupcake while there - but you know I had my Starbucks to jump start my day since I had barely slept the night before knowing I had to get up so early. 

Holiday Decor

Sephora employees doing a flash mob outside their store in Times Square

I had to take this picture for the kid

I was loving the Macy's display windows on 34th Street and Broadway - here are a few of my favorites.





Now as I should be getting ready for my company's holiday party, I am laying in bed, writing this blog and resting. Good thing is while in this same position, I finished some of my Christmas shopping this morning while I watched 6 shows on DVR - I am almost caught up on this week's tv. Sheesh! 

Finally got my mug

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top